Sweater Complete

Woo-hoo! I finished this one-button green sweater last night! I had purchased a Nicky Knits kit at Hobby Lobby a while ago...bought it because I liked the color (a sage green) of the 100% mercerized yarn (which I had never knitted with), and because the kit was half-price (always a winner!), although I knew I wouldn't knit it up like the pattern suggested (of course not!). I modified (of course!) a Lion Brand pattern for a One-Button sweater, only knitting the pattern into the lower portion of the sweater and the sleeves. Then, when Maredith and I went to Knit, the yarn shop in Charleston, SC, while we were on vacation, I found the beautiful shell-like button I wanted to use. The pattern is rated as "easy," which is what I like when I'm traveling and knitting (which I did with this one), although I used a three-needle bind-off to join the shoulder seams for the first time, so I got to practice something new...always a plus. While it came out even better than I had expected, it is still quite roomy, with extra-long sleeves. And, yes, I checked my gauge with this one, too! We'll see what it looks like after that first spin in the wash/dry cycle...

Next up on the needles: matching baby kimonos for twin boys born on Easter Sunday. I bought this yarn at Island Knits in Pawleys Island, while on vacation, and I'm using a pattern I found in one of Maredith's knitting magazines. They should go quickly...she said hopefully...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The First Day of the Rest of Our Lives

Three Months and Counting

Not Ready to Say Goodbye