Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Sweater Complete

Woo-hoo! I finished this one-button green sweater last night! I had purchased a Nicky Knits kit at Hobby Lobby a while ago...bought it because I liked the color (a sage green) of the 100% mercerized yarn (which I had never knitted with), and because the kit was half-price (always a winner!), although I knew I wouldn't knit it up like the pattern suggested (of course not!). I modified (of course!) a Lion Brand pattern for a One-Button sweater, only knitting the pattern into the lower portion of the sweater and the sleeves. Then, when Maredith and I went to Knit, the yarn shop in Charleston, SC, while we were on vacation, I found the beautiful shell-like button I wanted to use. The pattern is rated as "easy," which is what I like when I'm traveling and knitting (which I did with this one), although I used a three-needle bind-off to join the shoulder seams for the first time, so I got to practice something new...always a plus. While it came out even better than I had expected, it is still quite roomy, with extra-long sleeves. And, yes, I checked my gauge with this one, too! We'll see what it looks like after that first spin in the wash/dry cycle...

Next up on the needles: matching baby kimonos for twin boys born on Easter Sunday. I bought this yarn at Island Knits in Pawleys Island, while on vacation, and I'm using a pattern I found in one of Maredith's knitting magazines. They should go quickly...she said hopefully...

No comments:

  A Bright, Sunny New Chapter Here’s to spending 49 years with the same Valentine! Even though our story’s Prologue began in Jackson, MS, wh...