Bell's Palsy Update - Week 15 Begins

October? Is it really October?! Good grief. I would never have believed you if you had told me on July 4th that I would still be doing these updates on Columbus Day. Sigh.

Of course, the big difference is that I doubted whether I'd fully recover around Labor Day, didn't I? Now? I know I will make it...even if I have to see another Holiday or two before I can put a period on The End of this tale.

Speaking of Holidays, I spent this one decorating for the next one...Halloween. Or, as I remember having to spell it in a fifth grade spelling bee: Hallow'e'en. Check out the dining room table in this picture.



A note about the pumpkin centerpiece: that's an heirloom "pie" pumpkin from Old Salem. We made it to Members Saturday weekend-before-last and picked this big, fat, dumpling to come home with us. I have a Black Cat decoration for October (shown) and a Turkey for November. I hope to harvest the seeds and save them for next year's garden...and maybe even get enough "meat" to make a pumpkin pie.

OK, time for my report...and the Documentation Photo.

I'm really doing well with my Bell's recovery. I can even manage a "half-toothed" smile, as my Speech Therapist says. Top teeth are visible on both sides of my mouth...hooray! My lower lip continues to have some paralysis, midline/left side...with just a touch left on the top/center. My eyebrow is almost completely back to normal, with just a bit of an issue with a lazy blink response in my left eye.

Speaking of eyes...I'll throw in an update on my right eye recovery from cataract surgery. Cover it all in one post, eh?

I think things are going well with that, too. I'm wearing my glasses (as I still need them for the left eye...and for the bifocals...and to provide some protection from light and debris), and I am pleased as punch with being able to see without the former hazy "window sheer" effect. I still have to use the drops (3 kinds, 3x daily...one of which gives me a brief headache), and I'm still super-sensitive to light. I see Dr. T on Thursday for my one-week checkup.

So, all in all...it's good news all around!

About time, you might be saying. About d*mn time!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Documentation Photos, Day 105:
(sans makeup, which has been banned by the eye dr for this first week after surgery)

First, smile!



Then, big smile!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The First Day of the Rest of Our Lives

A New Month...a New Direction

Cutting the Cord, Part 1: Background