Wednesday, April 29, 2009

We Have a Contract...Finally!

Here's an appropriate quote for today's post:



"The work was like peeling an onion. The outer skin came off with difficulty ... but in...time [you're] down to its innards, tears streaming from your eyes as more and more beautiful reductions became possible."

-- Edward Blishen in Donkey Work, (1983).

Behold a photo (right) of our new home in High Point, NC. As I said in my previous post, we found it listed on Realtor.com, after we had to give up on finding a new home that would meet our family's specific needs and began to look at resales; we shared it with Realtor Bob, asking if he was familiar with the subdivision, Sailing Point.

On paper/online, it sounded perfect for us in that it had both the master bed and bath AND another large bed and bath (necessary for N/M/E) on the main level. He thought it would be a good one for us to include on "our list," and it went to the Number 1 Spot as soon as Mr. T toured it a couple of weeks ago. I flew to NC this past weekend, and as soon as I drove up to it, I just knew..."this is it." Although I looked at all the others on the short list that Realtor Bob and Mr. T had narrowed down for me (because I don't do very well with too many options...:), I kept referring to this one as "our house." As they say, the rest is history.

Of course, the in-between story was that it was a long and exhausting negotiation process, but we'll forget that in a short time. We'll be too busy enjoying our screened porch overlooking our treed backyard, where we'll have our 13 bird feeders stragically placed for optimal viewing. (The sellers are leaving the birdbath that is already set up amongst the azaleas and daylilies.) Closing is set for May 27th. Can't wait...but I'll have to, won't I?

Meanwhile, all's going well with the progress toward closing on the MO house next Thursday. Biggest problem there: the grass keeps growing and growing and growing, due to the warm weather and an abundance of Spring rain. We've hired out the mowing chore, as we don't intend to be back there...if we can help it. Realtor Sue is a jewel, who keeps an eye on the property for us, so we are comfortable with being 2 states (or more) away.

Almost forgot...FO/UFO Report. I finished that pair of Heart & Sole socks in "Green Envy" colorway on the plane to/from NC...and during my extra-long lay-over in Baltimore (er, I missed my connecting flight to Raleigh on the way last Friday). Thank goodness for knitting! Grafted the toes as we were descending into the Louisville airport on Monday. Couldn't wait to get started on my next pair of socks...which are a gift for a very special young lady...in a very special sock yarn...using a very special pattern. I got them on the needles...2 Socks on 2 Circs...yesterday. Question is...will I really be able to keep this pair a secret until I finish them? Odds are against it...but you never know.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

  A Bright, Sunny New Chapter Here’s to spending 49 years with the same Valentine! Even though our story’s Prologue began in Jackson, MS, wh...