Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Could Spring be on the Way?

Yesterday was absolutely beautiful here in O'Fallon! The skies were blue, the birds were singing, and the snow was almost all melted away...oh yes, and it reached the mid-50's! Who could ask for anything more? I took this picture from our deck of a male cardinal in the thicket in our back yard. He and his mates were busy at the feeders all afternoon.

It's hard to believe that this time last week, we had 5 inches of snow on the ground...and it hit 5 degrees at 5:00 a.m. The snow was beautiful, but we are all ready for Spring!

I started back working on my novel yesterday, with a renewed sense of purpose. I've determined that the key to reaching my writing goal is DISCIPLINE...at least, that's what I read. I'm happy to be moving forward, even though it feels so scary to not know what I'm doing...a bit like stepping into the darkness. I know that as I am successful at figuring out the process, I'll feel much more confident...and want to work that much harder to reach my goal.

I've also determined that I need to begin a Business Blog, too. I've been working on my email signatures, and I realize that a new blog can help me. I'll mix that into my writing to keep me fresh...and to help relieve the pressure of staring at the page without writing anything of substance!

No comments:

  A Bright, Sunny New Chapter Here’s to spending 49 years with the same Valentine! Even though our story’s Prologue began in Jackson, MS, wh...