Friday, December 28, 2012

It's Good Riddance Day, 2012!

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! I've been waiting for this day for a while. December 28 is known as Good Riddance Day, when you get to say "so long" to anything and everything that has brought you down in the past 12 months.

Where do I begin?

OK, before I get started, you need to know that I'm not making this up. I've posted about Good Riddance Day a couple of years ago...and you can find a form to submit for the "official shred" in Times Square here:
http://www.timessquarenyc.org/forms/Marketing/Good_Riddance_Day.aspx.

Me? I'm making my own list, checking it twice...and firing up my own shredder. Sort of a Do It Yourself Celebration. Here goes...my Good Riddance List for 2012.

I bid a not-so-fond farewell to the following:

1. Bell's Palsy - My year would have been quite different, if I'd never heard those two words put together to make a person so miserable. I was diagnosed on Sunday, June 24th, and I am still dealing with the last, lingering effects of facial paralysis. If putting the words "Bell's Palsy" on a piece of paper and shredding it would make it go away, I would have done that 6 months ago, for sure. Still, I desperately wish to say good riddance to BP, so it takes the number one position on my list.
2. Other health issues - I'm going to lump my back problems, eye problems and vertigo...along with Missy M's broken foot problems...into one big category. Oh, and this most-recent malady, the flu...and all attendant fevers, coughing, wheezing, etc. A friend asked me if I thought my health problems were a result of my immune system being compromised due to the Bell's (and the meds I took to deal with it...many of which can suppress the immune system). Possibly. Regardless...it's good riddance to poor health.
3. Fear - When you live through one episode after another, you start thinking: what is going to happen next? And then, you become afraid to do something you wanted to do. So, fear wins. Hopefully, if I put it on my good riddance list, it will not linger any longer.

Three. That's plenty. Time to shred!

Join me, won't you?

No comments:

  A Bright, Sunny New Chapter Here’s to spending 49 years with the same Valentine! Even though our story’s Prologue began in Jackson, MS, wh...