A Good Report

King Alfred blooms in the front yard
You know it's going to be a good day when your first daffodil blooms, right?

Although things are not back to normal around here, I did want to post a report that we've had a good weekend.  ["Back to normal?"  What the heck is that?  I'd have a hard time defining "normal" now that we are dealing with Momma's diagnosis of lung cancer.  Oh well.]

Since Nana/Momma/Edith's pain management doctor increased her Duragesic patch from 50 to 75 last week, her pain has been better-controlled...and, without too much "fuzziness" of words or thoughts that morphine can sometimes bring on. AW, her BFF that lives just a few minutes away, has been over and has called regularly; don't know what we'd do without her. Additionally, my brother J was here from Nashville for a short visit, so that helped lift her spirits; he'll be returning sooner rather than later, I'm sure. T (our half-brother from KY, who is the spitting image of our father and who reminds us that he is retired and doesn't have to watch a clock or a calendar...:) is also here for an extended stay. He is a great conversationalist...like our Daddy, he will talk readily (and at length) about almost any subject, and is willing and eager to sit and chat with Momma while I get the "necessaries" taken care of. He even sat in her room and watched the WHOLE Duke basketball game last night, even though he's not really a fan; and, he's watching "The Price is Right" (one of her favs) with her right now. Bless him!

I've spent the morning responding to messages that friends and family have sent.  No doubt, that brought fresh tears flowing; and though I'm still stumbling through some of the motions in life, trying to regain my bearings and footing, I know there are people "out there" who care.  I cannot begin to describe how loved and supported I feel today!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

After I publish this post, I'll finish a little laundry and then head to my potting table to get some seeds started.  It's time to think about head lettuce, eggplant, and several of the herbs. 

I'll pick up my knitting bag and try to work out a problem with my toe-up socks.  I tried to deal with it earlier, but I couldn't concentrate on the stitch-count.

And tonight, I'll fix spaghetti for supper.  I've been fixing spaghetti for Monday night supper for so long that it's almost habit.  And, at times like these, I need to rely on rote.  Get the ground beef and tomatoes out of the freezer to thaw.  Chop the onions, peppers, and celery...

One foot in front of the other...and keep moving forward.


Popular posts from this blog

A Year Down the Road

The First Day of the Rest of Our Lives

Slowly* But Surely