Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I'm Seeing Red...and Green!

Look: I finished my Minimalist Cardigan (left) at 2:00 a.m. this morning...woo-hoo! I just love, love, love this yarn (Cash Vero DK, Color Number 020) that I got at Knit and Caboodle in St. Charles. I modified a pattern in the Interweave Knits magazine, Fall 2007 edition, lengthening the sleeves and the body...just enough. As you can see, there are no buttons, just a shawl-like collar, knit in stockinette stitch...against the Moss Stitch pattern for the rest of the sweater. I started knitting this project on 1/5/08, with the goal of wearing it on Valentine's Day...looks like I made it by a whisker!

Here's a close-up of the Moss (pattern) stitch:


We're planning on trying out a new (for us) restaurant in St. Charles called The Vintage House. In checking their menu, it looks like they are heavy (pun intended) on their German heritage, and they feature local Missouri wines. This should be a super-special "date night" for us!

Of course, our conversation at dinner is likely to center around our upcoming trip to Ireland...ooh, can't wait! I've been reading up on the Emerald Isle...circling the sites we want to visit...printing out addresses of wool shops all over the country...plotting our course for the 7 days we'll be there. This is usually Missy M's role, but she's been unusually swamped at work, so I thought I'd try to help out. More on this later.

Since it's been cold, cold, cold here this week, I thought a nice bowl of chili would hit the spot tonight. Ummmm...smells like it's ready. Time to close!

No comments:

  A Bright, Sunny New Chapter Here’s to spending 49 years with the same Valentine! Even though our story’s Prologue began in Jackson, MS, wh...